View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
beegee

(((Rozied)))
The past is the past and even though you know you did a few things wrong (I mean we all do) it doesn't mean you can't start doing things different now.

I think I spoiled my one daughter way to much. I also enabled her for a long time not knowing she was an addict. She even told me in rehav with the therapist that I always said yes to her. Now she is 38 not exactly a little kid but I feel she is immature in many things and very mature in other things.
After rehab, I started saying no, no. no. It don't think it was easy for her to hear it but guess what, she knew I wasn't going to weaken now. And I have SR to thank for that strength and the people here and their posts!

Now as you know were having this little phone problem, I guess she was gonna have her way an she did. But everything else she accepted as an adult even if she bulked at it. I have plenty of day I feel like I failed her as a parent making her tuffer. But I think she is learning, a little late maybe but there is hope.
I mean she has been out on her own for years and made it. I mean no bank account savings which is what I would want for her. But hopefully she will get it.
Don't give up, your a good mom, kids are all different and thats just the way it is. (((HUGS)))