Old 10-19-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bella78

Thanks again, Amy.
It means a lot to me that people are so willing to share their own experiences and pains and gains to help others.
In my lost in space post, I also said how scary it must've been for you to go through the robbery at work and how much stronger you must feel having gotten through that. And congratulations for reaching 20 months!

I know that my bf has been struggling with being able to find work and he doesn't want to be financially dependent on me because it doesn't help his self-esteem and it frustrates him... seeing that frustration also, again, makes me paranoid that he will turn to using. I need to learn when and how to voice my concerns to him because I think I end up just frustrating him more and bringing him down because even just tonight, in between these posts, he told me that my lack of faith in him hurts him and makes him doubt himself.

I have already searched out some nar-anon and al-anon meetings in my area and plan on calling them tomorrow. My best friend from childhood until now who also knows my bf very well, is also in recovery and goes to meetings several times a week and has just passed her 13 month mark, has said that he is already hard on himself that he doesn't need me to be hard on him either. She has offered to take both him and I to meetings either separate or together. It's nice knowing that there are so many people out there, like yourself, who are able to take what was once a weakness and turn it into a positive force to help others in need.
Thank you again.

God Bless.

ps. I love that Joyce miller quote!