View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
veryrestless722

i can honestly say i know exactly how you feel, splitting up is the hardest thing to get through, and really the only thing that truly helps is time, i know that sucks to hear that

ive been split up for 6-7 months now, the first few were the hardest, and i dont think i was very good company to any of my family during that time, i just couldnt focus and was just deep into my own depression so i couldnt see how i was hurtin my family by acting like i did, i literally just snapped and went nuts, i lashed out at everyone i knew because i was hurting so badly, and couldnt lash out at the one person who caused all that pain, i was pregnant, i was scared, i was hurt, i was every emotion i could think of

i finally got through those first few months, and am finally getting to the point where i accept everything that has happened, i cant let myself keep getting mad and upset about it, and really ive found out that im ok being alone, my xah is so out of touch with reality that its not even funny, i dont need that in my life or my soon to be born son's life and its hard to do that, i still have days where i flip out, but im gettin past all that

I can tell you 100% the only thing that will help you come out of some of this pain is to cut contact, no text messages, no phone calls, no talking to him at all. Believe me it sounds like it would be more painful but its really not, every time i make the mistake of sending a text message or talking to my X , then i go back through a depressive period, they last alot less time now, but its like taking a step back, i hurt for a few days, til i get back into the swing of my life now, ive learned the hard way to cut contact, and now i need to keep it that way, once that contact is cut you can start dealing with your own life, im not gonna lie its still hard, and they are still on your mind, but it gets better

i look back now and i cant believe ive made it this far, when it first happened i never thought i would make it this far, and one day if you dont go back you will be able to look at how far you've made it