View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GiveLove

I'm so sorry you're hurting. I agree with the wise ones above.....you are maintaining your own addiction by allowing yourself a little "dose" of him every day, even though you know it is not good for you, you still hit your drug and maintain your dependence on it.

It is very hard to break an addiction like this, but you cannot even start until you are willing to cut back and/or quit.

I know that in my worst separations, I had no faith that there was a life out there that was joyful -- because I kept thinking of him and only him, and so could not imagine happiness without him. Just like an addict, when his drug runs out, is convinced that there is no happiness except in his bottle or needle or baggie.

I would have never reached happiness as long as I settled for those little doses of daily contact that left me temporarily happy but were deeply unfulfilling.

It is so hard.......you may want to try to have some kind of counseling with a person who specializes in grief, because i sense this might be what's happening. You cannot imagine life without him, you are unable to admit that it is done, and you need to grieve it and move on. I know this was a HUGE turning point for me, taking a big of counseling and getting some very good ideas for changing my daily life, one small habit at a time.

Sending you hugs and strength to build a life that is even BETTER than the one you are still mourning. It is out there waiting for you.

Love,
GL