View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
inoishudbdead

Unhappy Am I Experiencing Withdrawal?

Hi, i posted here awhile back... tried cutting back on my drinking, to make a long story short, didnt work as i was warned by many of you. Anyways i haven't drank for almost a month now and i quit using marijuana as well at the same time. its been very difficult... but i realized it was time because of my increasing paranoia i was becoming unable to function normally unless i was high or buzzed.

i feel like im in almost a constant state of restlessness, and have spells of paranoia, anxeity and just constant mental unrest in general. I think i may be going through withdrawal from both substances and if i am, how long do you suppose this will last for? or have i done some permant damage because both substances ive heard can change your brain chemistry.

I drank fairly heavily for about 2 years, excalating from 2-3 times a week heavily, to 2-4 drinks everyday and heavily 2 or 3 day each week for a few months before i quit and i also used to smoke marijuana pretty much everyday, several times a day for 3 to 4 years.

i just wanna know if ill ever feel "normal" because im 20 years old all of this started when i was about 15 or 16 and i feel like i never gave myself the chance to be and think the way im meant to be.