View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
kristink

GETR
I dont think I'd be able to stay sober and have any peace if I didnt have other people in my life going through the same thing. My husband, my friends....they just dont understand the struggles. I find that meetings are a Godsend.
When I went to my first meeting this time around, I was pretty concerned that in this little town I live in that someone would know me. Ya know what I found....no one cares who you are. At the meetings here in town there are several people I was surprised to see...prominent people from town. It was actually pretty humbling to think "I" was worried someone would know who I was. There's my ego for you.
I go to meetings all over. I'm in sales so I drive quite a bit to cover my territory. I'll catch a meeting over my lunch hour wherever I happen to be. Some meetings are of course better than others. Just go to a few meetings and eventually you'll find something that works....people like you, people you can relate to. Having people to truly confide in face to face really helps.
Just my 2 cents.
You're doing awesome! It's been great to read your story.