Old 10-17-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
denny57

I like dreams, too - the other night I dreamed the Phillies won the NL title and when I woke up it was true!

People who know me tell me I do this all the time - turn a negative into a positive. I never saw it that way, but I'm beginning to. I think the best, most recent example would be this. xAH decided he wanted our divorce - which also included breaking up two companies - to go to trial. It did. The judge made rulings inconsistent with corporate law, so we're headed for an appeal. It could take a very long time. In the meantime, most of our assets are frozen.

xAH has chosen not to work. I invested in another business. I thought it (retail) was totally unrelated to my primary profession (film production). I worried, too, that it would be perceived as me giving up on profession #1. Much to my happy surprise, the two have overlapped in ways I never imagined. I now have a project in development set in the world of fashion; and my retail business is supplying set dressing and costuming to tv shows and movies. In taking this on myself, I have found that one of my greatest fears - that I would not be taken seriously without my "partner" was unfounded.

It has taught me to wake up each day and do the next right thing.

Thanks for the positive thread, Lily. ((( )))