View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Astro
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Jersey Nonny's post reminded me that at the meetings I attend we close with a reading of Ebby's Promise sometimes, it sends chills up my spine every time I hear it.......

My friend promised when these things were done I would enter upon a new relationship with my Creator; that I would have the elements of a way of living which answered all my problems. Belief in the power of God, plus enough willingness, honesty and humility to establish and maintain the new order of things, were the essential requirements. Simple, but not easy; a price had to be paid. It meant destruction of self-centeredness. I must turn in all things to the Father of Light who presides over us all.

These were revolutionary and drastic proposals, but the moment I fully accepted them, the effect was electric. There was a sense of victory, followed by such a peace and serenity as I had never know. There was utter confidence. I felt lifted up, as though the great clean wind of a mountain top blew through and through. God comes to most men gradually, but His impact on me was sudden and profound.

Quoted Source: Alcoholics Anonymous
First Edition

Last edited by CarolD; 10-21-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Added Source