Old 10-15-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cassandra2

I just need someone to help me understand

Hello my name is Cassandra. New here. Looking for answers. My ex BF and father of my children is (I believe) addicted to percocet and in my heart feel that he is now doing other things. He was prescribed the perks almost 2 years ago for a back problem which is now fixed because of surgery. He is 5 months out and I really had started pushing him to go to rehab.

There were times where he was taking 20 pills a day at 15mg a pill. This seriously worried me. I then began to suspect he was snorting the pills. I have just found and seen things that dont add up. Did I catch him ever? No, but like I said things just didnt add up.

So over the last 9 months or so he began to change and I mean drastically. I first thought it was depression because he couldnt work and this injury was workmans comp and they were fighting him and blah blah. But it just got worse. He lost his sex drive. His desire to spend time with me and the kids and just basically sat in front of the TV.

Well like I said I had been pushing him to go to rehab ALOT. Last week I found a test message that he had bought 2 bags of something for 40 bucks a piece. This money came out of our rent money. I found out and kicked him out. He has been gone a week and I really think he is still using, on a vacation and its really starting to make me think my family is broken and beyond repair. THIS IS NOT THE SAME MAN!!! I cant express that enough.

So he is staying with his sister and apparently she is pressuring him to go to rehab because in the last few days he has talked about going to inpatient rehab. But he has been saying alot of crazy stuff lately. He is forgetful, sweaty all the time, sometimes confused, sometimes falls asleep in mid conversation and other times just down right mean.

This man loved his kids so much and now he doesnt even call to say goodnight to them. That is why I know something is up because he just would never have done that before.

So my question is has the drugs changed him mentally so much so that he will be this way forever? Do drugs change you so much that you are never able to get back to who you used to be? He used to have a problem with cocaine/crack a few years ago that is why I suspect he is using something else also but he swears up and down that he isnt and then even makes me feel bad for even suggesting he would do that.

Any help in understanding the nature of this beast would be very helpful. Have I lost this man for good? It seems like he just doesnt give a crap about us anymore.
Thanks