Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tobefree4me

Jules, Smiles, Daisymae,
Hi to all of you. I found this forum 13 days ago...the day I decided I couldn't take drinking anymore. I always used alcohol as a way to help me sleep at night. It just became not only a habit psychologically, but, noticed in the last year my body started to crave it even when I didn't really want to drink. That was/is scary to me as I realized I am now too out of control with this. Saw my life at that moment of having only 2 choices. Either I continue down this road and die, or quit alcohol now. One would think the latter choice would be an easy one, as well as the "common sense" one, but, for me it's the harder choice. Having my body and mind dependent only leaves a desire to quit left. (not alot of power in the other corner!!! HA) The first couple of days I stayed in bed, found this forum and started reading everythread I could. It has helped me and inspired me tremendously. I have not attended AA and don't know if I will. For right now, I have only confessed to my spouse. They have been very supportive thank god. Everyone here has been extemely supportive and I has helped me and my own determination to continue sobriety. I am glad to see you are here. I look forward to each of your posts and wish you all the best in your recovery. Go October class!