View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Dear Chris, I am so sorry you are going through this pain. I am so sorry your daughters have been put into a position where they must testify against their brother so his children will be safe.
About 7 yrs ago my sons ex took him to court to sever his parental rights and have her husband adopt their 2 young sons. We hired him a lawyer to help him fight this, we know he was not fit to parent but thought he should at least have Supervised visitation until the day when he could prove himself fit. He wound up losing even with an attorney.
To this day I don't think he should have had his parental rights severed like that. He should have been given a chance to clean up his act with Supervised visits & he should have been told that unless he got help & got himself clean & sober he would lose them.
I know the pain you are going through. Addiction is a terrible disease and destroys families. I am so sorry. Tell someone what your son has threatened. Threats of suicide should be taken very seriously.
You & your whole family will be in my thoughts & prayers.
Love,
Diane