View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wenchris
Professional Hanger On'er

Unhappy I can't get it together

It has been five months since my son and his girlfriend had their children taken away. The baby was born addicted to methadone and was in ICU and weaned with morphine over 4 weeks. 4 days after he was home I picked him and his 2 year old brother up from a court date. In five months they have seen their parents for ten hours, they have bonded to others. They are wonderful! Their parents have accomplished none of their 4 court ordered goals. They have managed to have negative drug screens for two weeks. We go to court on Thursday and the state is requesting permanancy planning begin which effectively starts the process of terminating the parental rights and allowing adoption to begin.

All the stories of mothers and their children live as ghosts on this site and in my mind. WE all have this in common, our love for our children and the grief in losing them to their addiction.

On Thursday my 2 daughter's and I (they each have one of the children) have been subpoened to testify for the prosecution. We will face my son that day and say the children should not be returned. My son has informed me and his state social worker that he will kill himself immediately after the hearing if that happens. A promise? A threat? Although I know I am not responsible for this, I cannot get away from my dreams or nightmares.