View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

I haven't been on in awhile having decided that living alone, supportimg myself and not having to compromise any part of my life is just the best thing that ever happened to me (OK.. the Cats and the dog get compromises LOL).

However, I can say this one thing when I read about intentions. Addicts may wake up in the morning INTENDING not to use that day. They may go to bed at night intending not to use tomorrow. They may intend to project an honorable personna.

And all the while in my mind I cannot help but think, "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions..."

Actions count and only actions count. All the rest is just background noise. Disease or not is not the issue. The issue is actions and taking action and that usually doesn't happen unless the person has finally had it with the consequences of addiction (they have lost everything, including self respect).

I am sorry DW that you are still suffering the consequences of your husband's addiction and I am sorry your husband is not suffering the conseqwuences of his addiction. He has no reason to make a different choice until all other options have closed down. That will be both a sad day and a glad day, but he won't see it for awhile, if it indeed, ever happens.