View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Drained you are right on with that post.

Using drugs makes us clinically insane. Our brains do not function right. Our thought processes are all screwed up. They can prove this with MRIs of the brain. It is a medical fact. And even if we stay clean 2 or 3 days or a week, the damage is done. It takes months and months for our brains to go back to nearly normal (hopefully). In fact, my brain will NEVER be normal because I activated that "addiction gene" in my brain by using drugs. So my "disease" may be in recession, but it will never go away. I will always be prone to exhibiting addict behaviors. I have to stay away from substances.

Sure God forgives him. But that doesn't make what he is doing right. That's the drug talking. Trying to legitimize the use. But we know that's crazy talk. Don't we? The fact is all he wants to do is drugs and he will do anything to ensure he can continue to use. It may be that the only that will stop him is prison or losing his job or getting arrested.

Honey, what are YOU going to do WHEN that happens? You don't have to wait until then to stop this. You can do something now to prevent further damage to yourself and your children.

Somewhat functioning, somewhat sane. That's really no life at all. For you. Or for your children.