View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Rowan

I do understand, Jen. I was less-than-impressed with my sobriety in the early days and I was so depressed also. I quit my meds entiredly - twice - while sober, and each time after several months I fell hard. One time I relapsed, the other I didn't - but it was pretty close.

If you feel that a reduced work schedule would help your mental health, and your doc agrees, then do just that. I took two leaves from work and it wasn't a good decision for me. I didn't have to get up for work, so I didn't get up, period. I needed to be working - or to have my day structured. I'd commit to going to a meeting every day, then out for coffee with someone in the program.

Meds - well, I've been on lots too. Right now it's Paxil only and it's working really well. I'm not trudging through the day anymore - but those days will come again, and I'll have to adjust my meds - again.

So - one thing at a time. If you feel it's right, talk to your boss. Never mind C, never mind anything - do what feels right for YOU.

I'm really proud of you for achieving 90 days of sobriety. It IS a really big thing for an alcoholic to get sober - so pat yourself on the back. This is hard work that you are doing.

You have my email. Use it if you need to. I'm always around.

Hang in there!!!