View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful2b
Leap of Faith Survivor

****{Bonnie}}}
I , for years , would come away from seeing my AD and feel my gut had been torn out and woould wind up feeling so depressed...she had a habit of coming and *dumping*, and not realizing how it was affecting me...and I had the habit of allowing myself to be pulled in to the drama of her life , poised to fix whatever I could..
well, a few years later she has learned how not to come and regurgitate her woes without any consideration. And I have learned to detach emotionally from her when she is sitting across from me, telling me her story...without out the need for me to fix it
I had to teach her about dumping, and also me not needing the gory details of her life, and her not thinking that because I was her Mom, I was fair game for her to come and complain just because she could...
Of course all of this came about as I learned to detach all the way across the board...self-preservation for moms...
hang in there, and know you are not obligated to sit and listen while he dumps without any boundaries in place for you.. Grateful