Old 10-08-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
VeritasAequitas
TruthJustice

Great find!

Tex,

Man I'm really sorry to hear that - just keep doing what you're doing. With a clear conscience you'll be able to fight that much harder! Don't let that Karma belief trick you into believing you deserve this either (if that were true I would guess most if not all of us would have a DUI by now).

I am wondering though, how did you fail the field sobriety test? What tests did they do?

I had the same thing happen to me - rear ended a guy and several people stopped to say they witnessed it and that I was drunk. I demanded the cop give me a breathalyzer and he gave me the field sobriety test first - I passed (even the "witnesses" told me that after the dog and pony show they believed me to be sober.) I was issued an ASCD (assured safe clear distance) citation - basically a fender bender and two points on my driving record.

The people claiming me to be drunk, after watching me pass SEVERAL tests, told me that they wouldn't have been able to do that sober.

All of this should be on the cop's dashboard video, that's why I'm wondering what tests they had you perform.

Mercury exposure can affect you if you failed the eye test.