Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Texasblind

This definitely was a rookie cop who arrested me. At the substation he kept asking his partner to fill out the forms. I had a Diet Pepsi in the car and he smells it and claims it's spiked with something, his partner smells it and says it's fine. They couldn't even agree. I was in cuffs locked tight for three hours. I have ring marks all over my hands and they're swollen as hell.

I had just got my car insurance down to $80 a month too. Goodbye to that.

I go get my car out of impound this morning. That's right, they didn't even revoke my license?!? The cops had trashed it. My car is so messed up I'm not even going to drive it for a few days.

The only thing that made it a little tolerable was at least jail wasn't as bad as it is on TV. I'd never been to jail, and yes, they took my ass to the local PRISON, because "it was closer than downtown." I was just in the common (you're getting out tonight) area and not the (you're here for a while area), but damn! We told funny stories all night until they called my name. There were some crazies there, but they kept us really separated. I really feel for the guys who are in there for a while. When I get out of this, I'm doing jailhouse volunteer work. There's a guy who attends my home meeting who's always looking for helpers for inside meetings.

I called a lawyer recommended to me first thing this morning. They're charging me $10g's but I told him if he made this go away it was worth it. Every penny I have saved, but I'm not going back in for some nonsense like this. I've got the head of the firm, not a partner, so that made me feel a little better. He still thinks I might have to do a couple days though, which is what really makes me mad. I'm probably losing my license for 90 days too.

The CO in releasing said he had never seen anyone on an Aggravated DUI released without bond. Something is fishy here and I'm just so impatient. I was booked at 9:49 and released at 12:41. Of course I had to sit in releasing for 4 more hours, but they also said it was one of the fastest turnarounds too.

It just really pisses me off because now I'm gonna have to be one of those guys with the court papers in AA after all this time of voluntarily attending. It's not court ordered yet, but my lawyer says do it anyway. Arraignment is in a month. So much for my hopes of chairing a meeting anytime soon. I refuse to accept that I'm back at step one because I didn't drink, but a DUI charge...

Alright, I just blew a 4.2 on my home breathalyzer. Nothing to drink and I'm typing to you all and I think I'm making sense. Shouldn't I be dead according to that? I know home breathalyzers aren't completely reliable, but what the hell is going on? My doctor father thinks diabetes.

I pretty sure it's going to go away, but I'm so impatient and I really don't want to go back to jail. I'm just really confused and scared. Like after all this, and all the times I actually DID drive drunk, I'm going down for this. Karma.

Good god if it wasn't for this forum...Thank you for letting me vent and be scared.