Old 10-07-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Texasblind

Ol Tex in some trouble and a very odd situation.

Alright, so I've been sober since the end of January. I've been going to AA and doing all the "right" stuff.

So who get's in a minor fender bender last night and spends the rest of the night in jail? That's right....this guy! I was on my way home from work, rear ended someone minorly and when the cops show up I fail field sobriety. I demand a blood test or breathalyzer. I blow a .27. Jail, aggravated DUI.

Here's the thing. I can honestly tell this message board I had nothing to drink. Even the doctors at the jail were asking my arresting officer if I was concious because there's no way I could've been operating a vehicle at that BAC according to them. He interviews me, doesn't give me any medications and puts me in gen pop. No withdrawals or anything. Even the CO's are confused. The DA takes one look at me and releases me OR, no bond. So I call my MD and ask what might set off a false positive. Going for blood work again in the morning. I get the best lawyer money can buy in this town but even he doesn't want to defend this case if I'm going to go with the "I wasn't drinking" defense, because the Breathalyzer's obviously say different. I think I have to plead this down and actually take a hit for something I know in my heart I didn't do.

I have no idea what to do and I'm flipping out. I was in jail ten hours, came home and fell asleep and still made it to work. Again, no drinking at all and I came home to my home breathalyzer and blow a .26.

What the hell could be causing this? I wouldn't lie I WASN'T DRINKING!