View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mle-sober
mle-sober

Originally Posted by essexboy View Post

Please advice, thanks in advance

EB

Well, the consensus seems to be that you can't diagnosis anyone else. That we all decide for ourselves. And I agree that its much more valuable to have the realization yourself. That way you start to truly internalize the fact and think about getting help. And maybe actually get help.

(& you are here, actually, haven taken those tests and posted a request for advice - maybe you're already at that stage and don't know it)

But since you asked for advice, I'd say, in my opinion, you almost certainly are an alcoholic.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat, just notice that I did say that it was just my opinion. Since you asked.

And if you're not, that you won't feel any deep sorrow at the idea of doing away with alcohol in your life. You know?

Also, BTW - don't worry about clogging up the phone lines. You matter just as much as the rest of us here.

And it's not a matter of getting your act together. Stop punishing yourself. If it were just a matter of pulling myself together, I would've been sober years and years ago.

It's a matter of deeply accepting (some call it surrendering to) your alcoholism and recognizing that you cannot control it and getting outside help to do so. And there are lots of ways to do that but that's another chapter.

Sorry so long.