Thread: 17 days sober
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Fiona630
Just another day...

Hello all!

I know that I dont have many friends that do NOT drink. I have one or two that I can do things with that dont involve drinking but most of them drink and only want to go out to the bars. Or if they say hey lets have a girls day..that will involve shopping then going to eat and getting drunk. I think the drunks might have a way of weeding themselves out of the sober persons life, esp. if we stay away from those activities where all the drinking happens at.

A few of u mentioned about watching other drunks while sober...I too would think omg! did i do that? why didnt someone smack me?! oh wait, cuz they were doing it too! What stupid things we do when drunk. My excuse used to be that I needed to loosen up and not be so shy..I have since realized that Im not as shy as I thought...it was just an excuse to drink, then it became a habit.

ksplash5...yup, fiona is from shrek..when it first came out my son used to say please pretty princess fiona queen mommie can i .....lol. Then we ended up having a pet rat named fiona. Ive used that and my dogs name, Videlia, for screen names for things. lol

Beingjenagain talked about trying not to preach..lol...I caught myself a few times wanting to say on sat. night..well if u were sober like ME, u would have understood what so and so said. The next day when hubby was hungover and having to drive 4 hours to his hunting camp I did say well u knew u had to leave early, its ur own fault u feel like crap. I hate that smell that lingers on drunk people. Another thing I wonder...how many times have I shown up at my moms to get my son just stinking up of stale beer? That must have been just great. Hair all over the place, make up smeared..i look in the mirror, still half drunk, and think oh hell, I look great! Im just gonna run over there like this! nice.

Thanks to all for your encouragement! On to day 18!