View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
prodigal

Originally Posted by orviske View Post
He kept having auditory hallucinations tonight. Said he heard sirens in his ears. I can't help but wonder if God is trying to tell him......
Let me begin by saying "render onto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and onto God what is God's." In other words, LET GO AND LET GOD. If your HP, creator, omniponent-whatever, is trying to reach this man, it is between the man and God. Step away and let it happen.

Have you considered packing a few of the things you mentioned prior to your departure? I had stuff stashed in my trunk before I left. I was out of my house in 45 minutes. All my clothes. All my important papers, financial documents, and blank checks. Outta there. Ready to go. Gone.

You are worried he will hurt himself. Suggestion: worry more about how he might potentially hurt his unborn child. He virtually ignores his son. To heck with whether or not he hurts himself at this point. He already neglects the child he has.

o, whatever your feelings may be, and the time it takes to sort them out ... do an unborn child a favor. Allow this child the opportunity not to be neglected, ignored, and dumped on by this man.

You can feel compassion for the man, you can lend him a helping hand, but the love you feel is magical thinking. "If I love him enough, he will see that he can seek help. He can get better. He can realize his potential."

I wish every single one of us here who has loved, or does love, an A could have loved them into sobriety. Tragically, we lack the power to do so. Our love is not powerful enough.

Take care of yourself and get to a place where you and your baby can be treated with decency and respect.