Thread: 17 days sober
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fiona630
Just another day...

Thanks everyone...it does suck to be around drunks. And i do not like being asked to go for beer runs...they are the ones drinking it not me..leave me out of it...course then they send the drunkest girl..had I known she was that drunk I would have taken her...I felt bad for that. But I agree...the drunks are toxic and not fun when ur not drunk too. Amazing how things look in the eyes of a drunk...wow. I used to love and sit and watch movies by myself with my beer..oh I would get so sappy and that was the greatest movie ever. I would convince my hubby to watch it and he would say..u were drunk when u watched this werent u? Id have to admit I was cuz the movie would SUCK! All we can do is "just keep swimming" day by day or some days its minute by minute..now is the time I would open up a beer...dinner is served, homework done, husband gone to hunt...instead my son and I are going up to the local park..im going to walk and he is going to ride his bike...U know, we used to know someone that did drink..he got into a really bad accident, got hurt pretty bad...he dove into a shallow end of a pool and broke his neck while on a vacation, being drunk and pool hoping...he never could stay still. If he came to parties he never stayed long. Same with bars. U might see him for maybe an hour max and he would leave. He might even drink some Odouls, to fit in. He and my hubby hunted a lot and fished. Slowly but surely he kind of disappeared from everyone...His g/f had told me he was getting really tired of all the drunks. He would go on canoe trips with a bunch of people and he wants to sleep to canoe in the morning and everyone else is getting drunk. He made new sober friends. got rid of the ones that drink. Anyways..off we go to digest dinner while my son talks my ear off about how cool it would be if everything was free.