View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
HealthyLimits

I don't think a test like the MBTI is a fool proof way to sort out every why for the way one behaves. P types tend to be much less scheduled, organized and neat than J types. I think if somebody with a strong P on top of being a more submissive personality type like an ISFP for example grew up in a house run like a boot camp they may test more ISFJ however their upbringing would only change the side of them that would be more messy and I think that P preference would still dominate the other areas of their life such as not wanting to plan ahead so I think they would still test ISFP though maybe not as strong.

I could also see it making an E (extrovert) more reserved due to self esteem issues however they would still prefer to be around people than reading a book so I think they would still be an E versus the I as their preferred method would be external.

The theory behind the test was that we all become more balanced as we age anyway so life will change you all by itself over time and maybe if you have personal issues once those are removed you will start to slowly go in the direction of nature.

I don't know, I have invested a lot of time into the MBTI test and I don't fully trust it by any stretch but it's been a wonderful tool and may help some sort out their lives a little better.