Thread: 17 days sober
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LouLou629
letting God take the wheel...

SO proud of your seventeen days girl, God knows its not always a cake walk..speaking of cake lol I too indulged alot in sweets after I got sober, I was told its because alchohol has so much sugar that when your detoxing for the booze your also saying buh bye to all that sugar..so for about two months it seemed I couldnt eat enought candy bars and cupcakes etc..but it definetly subsided ...Well last year after Thnaksgiving I got sober..stayed sober for three months..then slowly fell off that victory wagon and was drinking again for another six months...Now I am sober again and am at almost two months..I feel really strong this time- Heres why- Last time I still continued my normal social outings and obligations..and like you was always gratefull the next day to be sober and clear headed while all my friends were hung over..but it was really difficult to be in that scene...Its like I was trying so hard to prove to myself and others that I could be strong, and I didnt need a drink...but you know that saying hang out in a barber shop long enough and youll get a haircut..it ended up being the demise of my sobriety...Not only was I bored and annoyed the entire time I was out sipping my soda water and diet cokes, but the initial entertainment of watching all the silly drunks started to get to me..it became very sad and disturbing..I got tired of being the chaufer toting all the drunkerds around..I was tired at eleven but ended up staying out until two..because I was still fun without booze right? Well, I learned that I am more fun without booze..and I dont need to hang out in a bar or whith a bunch of drunkies to prove I can still hang..Its miserable when no one else is on your level..and its endargerment to your sobriety..My life now is more simple and "boring" and thanks god, I love it this way. Glad to hear your going to the gym..do whatever you can to stay healthy and away from those toxic drunk situations...I started yoga, and I read more and watched more movies..and I treated myself to a little shopping spree once a month. Instead of wasting a hundred bucks a month on booze, I will buy a few cute shirts or a pair of shoes I want..and not feel guilty about it.....and of course..I go to AA meetings....this time I am working the steps and am going to get a sponser..Good luck to you and hang in there your not alone