Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tanyapmc

Stressed and just tired, really tired of this life.

I just need to "talk"

I am stressed beyond belief. As many of you know my Mom fell and broke her arm (badly) 4 weeks ago. I am her only child and my dad is 82 and has had 2 strokes. So it has all been on me for the last month.

First she fell, and then hurricane Ike hit. We had to evacuate to my grandfathers house. Then I brought her back for surgery. My husband went and got my dad after her surgery.

I live about an hour away. I was staying at their house and then started driving back and forth daily.

On Friday I took her to the doctor and he immediately admitted her to the hospital and did surgery. Her wound is infected. So I have been with my dad all weekend. I just talked to her on the phone and she has to stay in the hospital. The antibiotics they had her on are not the right kind. They got her cultures back and now know what kind of antibiotics she needs to be on.

I miss my life.

My town is completely devastated by hurricane Ike. Everytime I drive through there I just cry.

I am taking 3 classes this semester and guess I need to drop them.

I am in charge of a fund-raiser this Saturday at the building where I go to meetings.

My sponsor just left for 6 weeks for a job.

I just don't know what to do next. I usually go to a meeting everyday and have not been able to do that.

I just needed to get all of this out.

Oh, I have also been in charge of handing out my Mom's Xanax and Vicodin to her. These were my drug of choice. I have been clean and sober for about 20 months and all of this seems like alot to carry.

Thanks for reading. It is obvious to me that I need a meeting and need to find some gratitude!

Oh, and my husband went to play in a golf tourney today and that just irritates the fire out of me!