View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rose

Thanks Moose,

I still have my youngest with me, he is 17, but in College taking Heavy Duty Mechanics. My oldest that has moved out has a good job, he is working full-time and making $25 an hour in a mill, pulling the grean chain, he get full medical and dental, plus in January the company starts putting in for RRSP's.

We have had are times and bigs times, we all go on but there is still this whole missing, their dad and my husband. Were he is I don't know, but this drug has taken him and he is gone. He would be so proud of his boys had he not gone off into the world of drugs and I think he chooses to keep away because I don't think he could handle what they are doing with their lives and the road they choose to do with theirs. I just don't think he could look them in the eyes and think saying sorry is going to cut it. But that is only what I think...who knows what he is really thinking

The devastation and hardship that his addiction caused us in the last 5 going on 6 years now was horrific, but still inside we hold a special place for him and I think for us just to see him sober would settle our minds of some real trama.

But we know he would make contact if he was sober and sober for sometime, so that leads us to believe he is still using, where ever he is.

So sad to see a man who was once a proud dad of 2 sons to miss out on their first driving lesson, buying their 1st car and fixing the breakdown, graduations...oh something that he will never see and what parent could bare to miss out on such things.

Just shows us and tells us just how powerfull the drugs can be!

Rose