View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TTOSBT
To Thine Own Self Be True

Rachel,
Welcome! 3 days is GREAT and you are in the right place!

All I can offer is my experience. I am almost 5 months sober and I SO needed to change my patterns and behaviors. I would buy wine on the way home and start drinking and continue throughout the evening. The first 30-45 days I had a hard time being home without a drink in my hand, especially right after work. For me? I was more afraid of drinking than I was of AA so I went. Might I suggest you do what i did? The first meeting I went to was a closed Womens meeting. It for whatever reason made it less scary for me. My second meeting was a Speakers meeting where only the speaker talked so I knew no one would ask me to talk. I then got a AA schedule booklet and went through it. I highlighted all the meetings in my area that I could get to and started going to a meeting a day. This was hard because I have a husband, children, full time job and extra curricular activities with my kids but I did not have a choice for that first 30-45 days. It was that or drink. And I have not had a drink since May 8th.

We are all here to support you. Keep reading and posting!!

ETA: make sure you are drinking LOTS of water and taking a daily vitamin to help flush out the toxins.