View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rachel66

Unhappy nearing end of day 3 - in misery

i reached rock bottom saturday nite and my mom and daughter staged a mini-intervention. i agreed to get sober. today is awful. dizzy, foggy, nausea, emotional, headaches - all i can think of is beer, beer, i gotta have a beer.

was putting away at least a 12 pack a day every day - often more - for about 2 years now. it was my coping mechanism. oh, it's a long story and don't know if i'm even in the right forum, but i figure i could at least try. i feel like (insert dirty word here).

i do have a support system, am too scared to go to AA and can't afford therapy. i would get home around 3:30, stop by the liquor store every day (revolving ones, of course so i was never at the same place 2 days in a row), and start drinking immediately upon arriving home. never mind what would happen when i would go to the bars.

any advice, support, slaps in the face would be appreciated. i have to do this. i want to see my grandkids grow up, my daughter get married, my son get famous (he's a composer). i want to live, but i want to drink so bad. i have made it almost 3 days. that's good, right?

damn miller brewing company!