Thread: Bottoms Part 95
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
gypsytears
not a greeter

Hi scardey .

IO, Neti is good. Just don't use whiskey ( well we would anyway since it's ya know alkyhal ... and don't use the coffee).

Ananda... believe it or not you can use urine to Neti with.

Different Types of Jala Neti

Neti with Urine - Swamootra Neti
Using ones own urine for therapeutic purposes is a whole other branch of yoga therapy called Amaroli. We are not going to try to address most people's "that's disgusting" reaction - so if the idea turns you off, then read no further! There are many reputable books on this topic by medical and yoga researchers.

The reasons for implementing such an unusual mode of medicine correlates exactly with the principles of homeopathy, that is - that a little bit of like cures like. By irrigating with urine through the nasal passages, you are giving the brain subtle messages about what wastes and by-products are coming out of the body at levels of either excess or deficiency. The body's micro substances such as hormones, vitamins, minerals and proteins are used as biofeedback to help the brain correct internal metabolic processes. Once again, this branch of yoga therapy should be learned from a qualified master of Amaroli
Hubby had to settle for the plastic Neti they have at CVS since the health food store was closed. He said he'd prefer the ceramic. HA! He's a Neti snob now. He can use this for while then we'll sterilize it and my almost 10 year old son said he'd try it. He is so stuffy right now and always get sinus infections during the winter. I think since he's willing, he should be able to do it. Best to have him practice when he's not completely blocked up though.

Neti Rocks I tellz ya!

Scott (frst, not astro)... I will send ya 10 bucks and put you up if you help move and paint. How's that? Plus, I know of a house that'll be for rent real soon AND... there are tons or restaurants in this area of NJ plus computer jobs (you do that too right?).You might decide to stay down here.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my the recovery strength. I do work at though, some days are easier than others but for the most part I'm pretty secure in my efforts. And yep, my yoga is a definite factor in helping me keep straight. I'm not saying everyone should do yoga (but, it wouldn't hurt lol)... but finding something you're passionate about that changes your life is key I think. Grind up flax seeds are a substitute for eggs. You have to process them till the turn to slimy mush but it works. Google it if you don't believe.

And frst...I'm glad you're here.I remember when you first started posting and you are really in a much better frame of mind and life right now and I'm proud of you for that .

Oh and ananda... stop lifting things!!!