View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mr B

Originally Posted by Stubborn1 View Post
This may be the codie in me but maybe she's at her breaking point? Can you get in touch with anyone from any AA that might be willing to go over and just speak with her? It's almost like something in you is telling you to "help her".
She may well be at breaking point. I have no way of knowing. I do know that there have been a number of situations and events in the past that I thought would be when she would hit bottom but it always turned out she was prepared to take the risk all over again.

What I also know, though, is that I am way past my breaking point with her. A year ago then, yeah, I'd have jumped in a situation like this. I'd have told the police officer that I'd go and see her, I'd have been calling her myself, trying to find out if she was ok, or trying to get someone else to go and check on her.

Now, though... I'm done with that. She's a responsibility I no longer accept. Sure, she's important to my kids but I've never been able to influence her drinking worth a damn and she's never been anything but aggressive and dismissive about the attempts I've made in the past to get her help. She has the contact details of at least half a dozen organisations or people that are willing and able to help her. Her life is her responsibility. My responsibilities are to ensure my children are safe, secure and loved.

Mr B.