View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

The problem is that I am at work when most of these meetings are going on, and have no car...
Here's where to start, as I know there are day and evening meetings, depending on when you work:

New York City Al-Anon families of alcoholics New York

check here also:

New York City Al-Anon

Then when at the meeting check the literature table as many meetings have meeting schedules for the area.

Hope that helps.

Sweetie addiction is horrible, I know and after I got clean and sober you would have thought I was smart enough not to get manipulated by another right? NOT I married a "sober" alcoholic, who unbeknown to me had taken up GAMBLING to replace his alcohol addiction, just substituted one addiction for another, and I was manipulated and lied to and disappointed time and time again, until my AA sponsor STRONGLY insisted I start attending Alanon also.

Boy was that not only an 'eye opener' about me, but for me. The meetings and the folks really helped me a lot.

I am sure there are some meetings by your work or by your home, when you are leaving one or the other. Not knowing what hours you work..........................even Alanon has 'lunch' meetings and evening meetings, and I believe there are several 'breakfast meetings' as I recall for both Alanon and AA.

So I hope the above pages help you find some meetings that can ease some of your stress.

Love and hugs,