View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
littlebird77

update, no so good.

So the ABF does not live with me. He said he was clean, and going to meetings... He was going to take me out on a "date" today. He said he would pick me up and take me to a movie, then a meeting, maybe church and said he would go home. He wanted this to work, and wanted to do it right... I called today. He went to jail yesterday, got into a big thing with his parents because they would not drive him to get dope, hit both of them... His 70 year old dad has a broken hand now, and mom is all bruised up. He kicked the TV, and this is a big plasma types of tv's, went upstairs and got the shotgun. The cops had to call for back up, he is in the hospital, it seems that he might have cut an artery when kicking the tv, mom says there is so much blood all over the house. Her window is broken from the shotgun, and the house is a mess... oh and get this, the cops could not come right away because they were changing shifts and they were going to have to wait... i have to say, i have never had good experiences with the cops... i wish there was a type of addict police that former addicts come, like super sponsors, i think the addict would listen to them more then a cop... so that is that... i am home, stood up, thinking that he really was doing the right thing.

i am reading "codependent no more", I read it a long time ago because I am a child of an alcoholic. The book did not make sense to me back then. I think because I was so young. I must have been 17 reading the book... now that I am 31, the book is really helping me, and I hate self-help books....