View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
YellowRed

Good for you that you're focusing on your kids Mr. B. Sorry to hear XAGF hasn't made a decision to change her life. At least your kis aren't living with it. I took my kids and left my STBXAH and found that the kids were so much less strung out when they werne't living with an A in the house. I had thought for the longest time that staying together as a family was better for them but when I left I realised I had been subjecting them to life with an alcoholic which is something kids just shouldn't have to experience. So good luck with the kids - sounds like you're doing a great job.

It's tough when someone you love hits the self-destruct button. I tried and tried to get my STBXAH to see what he was doing to himself (rehab, therapists, phychiatrists, marriage guidance counseling) but in the end finally realised it was a waste of time. I feel for you since that call from the cops must have been really awful. I still hope against hope that one day my STBXAH will wake up and realise his life needs to change, but there's a part of me that feels like he's willing himself to drink to death too. Hope and pray for you to be strong. I know how tough your situation is but you sound really like you have your and the kids' lives together, so good for you. Hang on to that.