View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
What really had an effect on me, though, is that for the first moment when the police officer told me who he was and why he was phoning, I had a fleeting thought of "My god, XAGF has finally drunk herself to death..."
Hi Mr. B, good to hear from you. I got a call from the police similar to yours several years ago when my nightmare had just started.

The officer said they had found my wife laid out in a neighbors yard at 3 pm and "she was unresponsive". My voice caught in my throat and I responded, "you mean she's DEAD!" He said no and apoligised profusely, she was just passed out and couldn't be awakened. But for a moment I had that same fear. It had a profound affect on me as well.

Since nothing has changed for her I fully expect to actually get that phone call some day. Nothing I can do about that.

You're doing all the right things...have fun with your kids. My DD and I are going for a float on the river today, then try to find some live music tonite. She dances like no one is watching! HA!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

P.S. With all the poor examples of dads and men out there you make me proud.