Thread: Again
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Texasblind

Here we are again: do I accept yet another Figaro in Le Nozze di Figaro, do I accept another Leporello in Don Giovanni or do I do King "whomever" in Amahl?

At least Amahl is local, but the other pay too much better. I do not want to brag but we're talking tens of thousands for two or three weeks work.

All I want to do is stay home and get better. I'm okay in my savings (as far as an artist) so I'm leaning to Amahl. Yes, I do not have to drink without any of them, but how do you bond with a cast without the bar? Every night after rehearsal "Hey! Let's go to the bar." I guess I could go and drink water, but what a damn trigger.

"Where's Tex?" Spreads like wildfire, then I have to go out. People keep buying me drinks, I keep passing them off which gets people offended, which means I get less jobs. BTW, "I'm a recovering alcoholic" is met by nothing but laughs. I had librium shoved down my throat and was stilll pushed onstage.

BUT! I have to tell you, the Figaro will be more than I've made all year. I know, I know, poor me. This is coming from the heart though. So, my question is (and it's serious) how much is our sobriety worth to us?

I'm changing jobs first of the year.