Thread: 30 days today!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kelsh

Thumbs up Red Face...

That was one of my worst physical signs that I was an alcoholic....years ago they used to call them wine sores....I just told people I had adult acne...the games alcoholics play!!!!

I was ashamed of my red face and it took nine months to go away for me. I still remember how the members of AA made notice of how good I looked when my red face was gone!

There are a lot more benefits for you to come by being sober. Life is so much better....no guilt, worries about money to buy alcohol, or if people are talking behind your back about how much you drink....or others minding your business when it is none of their business.

The very best is if the family unit can all get well together. Alcohol issues affect the whole family and it might take the whole family being on the same page for everyone to get well. Trust is the hardest one. My youngest daughter would be waiting on the porch for me to get home from my AA Meetings in the beginning even though I did all of my drinking at home...she took a while to be able to trust Mom.

kelsh :ghug2