View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
marle

I would bet that she is still using. My daughter is a heroin addict and the only time that she was decent to be around was when she was high. She also would sleep the day away and stay up all night. She told me she did this because she did not want to sleep and lose out on the pleasure of her high. Withdrawals are pretty severe and usually last about a week or so. It is also very hard to just quit cold turkey and stay away from the drug. Her being upbeat is probably because she is high. Same with the trips to the bathroom. Most addicts in withdrawal do not leave their houses to go out to eat. One thing to look at is the pupils. They will be pinpoint when high. Another giveaway is the nod. When they sit down they nod out. Since you only have been with her for a few months, now is a good time to seriously rethink the relationship. If you stay, it will get worse because addiction is progressive and our addiction to our addict is the same way. Knowing what I know about my daughter's addiction, if some man asked me if she was a good catch, I would tell him to run for the hills. And my daughter is clean today. Hugs and welcome, Marle