View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chris80

A Good Day to Get Sober

Hello all,

I am new to this website but have been reading here for a little over a month. I went through rehab in March and stayed at a halfway house for a month and got sober for 59 days. Since then I have relapsed several times. I learned that it is much easier to stay sober than to get sober again. Let me tell you about insanity - I hope this helps keep someone sober today.

Because of my drinking, I have given away: A good job, my drivers license, several friendships, support of my family and countless hours of wasted time. Every time I pick up, I lose something. I walked out of my office drunk yesterday because I couldn't control my drinking from the night before, and brought the bottle to work. I have spent entire days drunk in bed, I am a real alcoholic. I'm starting posting on here hoping that I can stay sober just for today, everyday.

Today is day 1 for me once again, I hope that it is the last time I feel this awful and ashamed.

I'll leave you with a quote that has helped me from the 24 hour a day book:

"Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision that I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in this world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing."

Chris