View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
jurneyman

Hippy, Just one more suggestion to help deal with your Mother, This is also from my
personal experience, My Mother just could not admit, or see a problem with my Fathers Alcoholism. When I came into the programs of AA and NA I learned about denial and
how much power it has to hide a painful truth or experience. I was then able to just let it go, we are powerless over what others think or say, as painful as your experience was, you are only going to keep reliving the abuse, until you can pray to let the resentment go, not only in your mind, as you seemed to have done, but from your heart as well, the memory will continue to hurt you, Learning to live a Spiritual life can sometimes be very difficult to do, even to the point of forgiveness some day when you are able, again use prayer to help you to be willing to Let it go and Let God deal with it, please don't let something that you can't change, as painful as it was, stop you from moving ahead in your life today, and keep you stuck in the past. You have a right to be
happy joyous and free, as unfair as it seems, it is solely up to you. May the God of your understand bless your efforts.