View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Originally Posted by crystalprincess View Post
thanks, i know i can't do a thing about it. and i know that i can deal with it should it happen. it just bugs me that i have those irrational thoughts and feelings in the first place. i want to have healthy, secure, loving thoughts.
Sometimes, cp, there are small things that others do that trigger our suspicions. Not to say that he's cheating or isn't or would or wouldn't -- that's up to him and how much integrity he has -- but sometimes when someone is dishonest in other areas, for example, it's easy to translate that to being dishonest with us. If they tell little white lies. Or doesn't choose to tell you certain things. Or if someone speaks badly of a loved one behind their back, it's a good bet they do the same when we're not there. Not saying he does ANY of these things, but there may be things you're observing that are subconsciously triggering your feelings.

Two paths you might want to consider are these: Grow your self-love and self-confidence (outside your relationship with your BF) so you're strong enough and wise enough to survive anything. And keep the channels of communication open...be happy and honest and loving with each other as much as you can, for as long as you can.

You can't stop another person from taking a dishonest path...that's their choice and their burden to carry. But you can love yourself enough to quickly grieve, then get over a dishonest person....life is too short for that.

This from someone who suffered from the same thoughts for many, many years!

I think you'll be fine
GL