Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
katie44

Thankyou for your replies. If I didnt pick him up at 6:30 am he would not have a way to work. We have had to lay off our manager so he has to be here ( unfortunately) I am starting to realize after all these years that alcoholics seem to make rash decisions. Like him purchasing the big fancy home with the storage without looking at the possibilities of what could happen. I wonder if many of them are like that? I truly could kick my self for it. We had a lot of equity in our first home to pay off the debt so in turn if the business did go bankrupt we would still have our home and no personal debt.
All I can think of is how he said " for once in your life trust me" I was a fool and so wrapped up in AS and a sick mother at the time I just gave in.
Have had enough thankyou for sharing your story. In Ontario a bankruptcy you can not own your own home ( meaning personal bankruptcy). I know I will figure out a way to get out of this mess its just exhausting. Its like you work your whole life and it collapses. There are so many other people worse off. I have always considered my self strong, but I feel like no light at the end of the tunnel. Is it a trait of alcoholics to act on instinct instead of thinking things through? Sorry I posted twice I didnt think the first one went through and had to redo it.