Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 12:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Limerick37

Hi Katie - Just to let you know that you are in my prayers for the day. Your situation sounds so much like my sister's - always teetering on the brink of financial disaster, her AH having tapped into and wasted money that she inherited, and he hasn't worked in over a year due to alchoholism and prescription drug abuse. THe failing economy doesn't help, although he is extremely picky about employment - wants the "right" job for him rather than taking something that would at least contribute towards the bills. I am struck by what Bernadette said in her post, because you remind me of my sister - strong, able to shoulder a lot, keeping the whole show on the road, never showing vulnerability - so that sometimes people don't know how to help or even that help is needed. I can only offer you prayers and positive thoughts, but would recommend AlAnon (assuming you don't already attend) and this forum as a place for some sanity in your life while you figure out how to handle this in the way that is healthiest for you.