View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Can you call an attorney. I believe that there are laws that force landlords to keep property liveable. A non working stove and a leaking propane tank would be considered problems that affect the liveability of the property IMHO. An attorney might do a contingincy based thing or be able to give you some advice on how to write a letter forcing the man to get the stuff fixed. I don't think he can force you to pay for a fill on the propane prior to fixing a leak. Why fill it while it is leaking.....won't it leak out? DUH! What an idiot.

Teach, I am so sorry you are facing this situation. Children can rip our hearts apart with what they do to themselves. No matter what you do I know it will be a painful decision. I do hope that ultimately you take care of yourself in all this as that is the only person you have any control over. Weight gain sucks......I pulled a pair of jeans out of the drawer yesterday and thought I had a pair of M's. I tried to put them on but barely could put on leg in......I still think they must be hers as I couldn't have worn that size since I was in high school.....lol She wears a size 5 and I wear nearly triple that.......ouch! But I am losing weight now that I am forcing myself to eat better and healthier. Now if I could just get off my b*tt and work out it would help even more. Probably help my mental health as well.

Take care everyone. Jenna, thinking of you and hope to see you back online soon.