View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lisa1235

hi kaialynn,welcome! 2 answer your question no you are not alone.first of all i had a alcohol problem from the time i was 16 til i was 27.in that time i dibbled and dabbled with a little of drugs.i saw none of this as a problem because of the party everyones doing this atmoshere.i steadily was going down but i did not see it because of people,places and things.life became a struggle i thought i was doing something when i advanced to cocaine..i quit drinking but was heavy in coke.as you know life progress and the disease worst and worst.at 38 i went 4 help and worked threw n/a and a/a.now i dont drink or use drugs the program suggest if i drink i will realease my disease all over agian.kaialynn,i am very happy now.life has meaning agian i plan a future and set goals and recently went back to school.i only wish i did this when i was younger i kept thinking i didnt have a problem.but it was.i applaud you for being able to quit on your own.i cant tell you what to do but i suggest you check out n/a and a/a and read some of the literature.these programs saved my life.then you can decide if this is for you.this is a good site when you do need help.i am here if you need.keep me posted!!and congrats on that 11mos..i think youre begining 2 see its more to it than just quitting.:ghug