View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Smile healthy respect for my gut reactions.

This was in my ED book today, but the middle part (the colorful part) really reminded me of a struggle I see a lot of us deal with on a day to day basis,
I see it in this forum sometimes also. That inner turmoil of where do I start and they (the addict begin)? When do I let go of the guilt of not taking care of that person anymore? etc...
In my treatment for my Ed this was exactly what they taught me.
I think it is a good reminder for us all to remember we are not
responsible for anyones behavior but our own, and to always
listen to your gut feeling without guilt.

Okay I'm done rambling and making no sense, I'm off to go running now. ha ha.

:ghug Happy Sunday Everyone!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Trusting Gut Reactions

Since we could not trust ourselves where food was concerned, we had trouble trusting ourselves in all aspects of life. We became divided internally and unsure of what we thought or how we felt or how we should act. We may have depended on other people to tell us what we liked, what to do, and how to do it.

It is with a great sense of joy that we become aware of our own individuality and preferences. If we experience a negative gut reaction to a certain person or activity, then we need to examine our reasons for continuing the relationship or activity. We do not have to like everyone, nor do we have to do everything. The sooner we become selective, the more we develop as individuals and the more integrity we possess. If we continually force ourselves to do things, which violate our inner integrity, then we are frustrated and growth is slow.

Gut reactions need to be examined calmly and intelligently. They are there to tell us something about ourselves.

Give me a healthy respect for my gut reactions.