Old 09-18-2008, 07:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hurtbad2505

Thank you all SO much for the replys to my post... I couldn't update till now because hubby and I went on a much needed trip away for a few days.

Well AS moved out last Saturday in quite a flurry. I went through some guilt when I saw where he was moving too...pretty much a room in a basement in a not so nice part of town, but he seemed happy to do it, and sad to say, I was happy to have him out.

Did anyone ever have the horrible feeling that they were 'giving up' on their child even when they knew it was the right thing for the addict and themselves?? Well, I went through that for a while and then left on my trip and reflected enough to know that I wasn't giving up..just letting him go and trusting in my HP that I was doing the right thing for him.

Funny thing...since he left, every time I've talked to him he hasn't been the slurring, high mess he was when he was here...hmmm...interesting.

So he's still out..took care of some stuff he needed too for probation and is closer to normal than I've seen him for a few weeks..

I do have a question though. One day when he was here his pupils were pinpoints...today when I saw him they were either larger than normal or normal...hard to tell when you never know what the hell they are on? Does anyone know if xanax makes the pupils small? I know he's not doing opiates because he's doing the methadone. Does methadone make the pupils small? Does it even matter at this point? I guess I just need to know..

Thanks again...and I love you guys!