View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Conk

Thanks for the advice. I already saw my doctor and he proposed Naltrexone (an anti-craving opiate aggrevator)... I told him that I wanted to do it naturally. I will be calling the doc if I have any problems.

There is something I have quite the issue with though - and it's all that talk about god or a higher power. And a lot of people say they've had quitting success through this. The only problem is that I'm an athiest. Where can I go from there? I'm more of a science person than a faith person...

Update:
It's 9PM now and I didn't go to the liquor store today. I'm really glad that I didn't go there and I feel like that's my first major step taken. Now I have the time to sit back and watch some Scifi and smoke some of my favorite herb. I'm feeling quite irritable at the moment and I've been sweating for the last half of my shift at work, but everything seems to be okay thus far.

I REALLY REALLY appreciate the time you folks have taken to write to me here. Especially since none of us know each other personally... But I guess that's what support is all about. I hate being an introvert, lol.