Old 09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
fwdrock

I need to take legal action!!...

Stryker- Identical situation over here! Except the BLECH part. My mother has probably been drinking since I was 14/15 years old. Actually maybe earlier than that, but that was when I caught on to it.
My dad passed away 5 years ago as well and my mother went drastically down hill as well. My family actually has started leaving her out more and mroe because she makes a complete mess of herself and continues to live in her little "depressed, poor me" bubble.
I have come to the same harsh point, that I know I cannot stop her drinking. And to the point where I am waiting for something terrible to happen to her so she gets the "slap in the face". I have tried intervention and I have gone to AA meetings so that I could better understand this whole disease, but I am tired of trying.

My biggest fear is now, besides losing her (little bit), is that we have a family business in which my father built for us. So not only with the sentimental stuff, he made this horse barn/stable so that we could enjoy our biggest passion (as a family) and have a great business in our backyard. Well, my sister and I (I am the oldest of 3, and my middle sister) run the business now. Not only do I work here, I nanny 45-49 hrs a week and I am finishing up my associates degree in Healthcare. Ya, so coming home to a drunk is not something I look forward to everyday. It has basically come to the point where our clients are starting to not even think of her as a part of this family business.

To top that off, my mother DOES NOT WORK and believes that the business in which she does nothing for and really never has, owes her something. She continually pays her personal bills with the stable account. Now, say something happened to her, WHAT do I do with the debt she has caused this stable? What do I do with the debt she has caused herself!?!?!

the stable makes enough to pay for all this, but it has to become controlled. Which I have been trying to do slowly over the past 6 mos. I go 8 steps forward and 40 steps backwards. there is a trust set up, but only in her name. She is a selfish, conceeded, lazy alcoholic and I don't kow what to do anymore.

PLEASE HELP!!?!?