View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 07:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by felly79 View Post
I have not been doing well lately I really need to vent. It seems that whenever I start feeling better I force myself to focus on something negative to put me back in the dumps. I realize that my current living situation is not very condusive to happiness or sobriety but I am finding increasingly impossible to change it. I have too much time on my hands and spend too much time in my head.

Thanks for letting me share.
I have experienced behaviours like that as well, felly. i discovered i was actually on a roll of good changes and was just throwing my net to far and attempting to change too much at once. I figured mebbe get in as much good as possible while i could. i was just being a bit selfish i know now looking back.

it was not really negative thinking on my part more like childish thinking that one success breeds another so quickly. i really needed time to absorb my changes before tackling extra challenges.

i also needed to be aware that even small changes often accumulate into huge life changing events and i should not dismiss even the smallest efforts as not enough or too late and too little. sometimes the smallest of changes are just enough to bring on an avalanche of changes!

and sometimes i would reproach myself after a series of accomplishments thinking and feeling i really didn't derserve it even though i knew i did, and others echoed that i indeed did deserve my successes. so i watch to make sure i have a comfort zone for allowing myself to be second guessing myself. i just accept that i sometimes do reproach myself and then i just move on with a stronger determination to be more deligent and forthwright with myself in the upcoming days.

you're so loving of yourself to choose to vent like you have felly!! i hope you're the kinda of person who sees the glass as half full and not as half empty! as one of your friends dear felly, let me say that you have totally earned giving yourself a warm pat on the back for looking after yourself so well and perhaps mebbe a little bit less hard on yourself going thru day to day struggles. We all have them.

:ghug2
Robby